Want to impress your guests with an original starter? Why not try the mussels with garlic? This is one of the new dishes offered by, a specialty appreciated by kids and adults. If you want to prepare it on your own, here’s the recipe.
To successfully prepare this dish the “Delices d’Annie “way, you must choose very fresh mussels. So here are all the ingredients you need:
– 2 kg of molds (the quantity can be increased or decreased according to the number of guests).
– 3 garlic cloves
– 3 sprigs of parsley
– 1 onion
– 100 g of fresh cream
– ½ glass of dry white wine
– 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
– Salt and pepper
Preparing Delices d’Annie mussels with garlic
– Clean the mussels.
– In a pan, fry the chopped onion in olive oil. Add the white wine, parsley and some pepper and let boil. Place the mussels, cover and let simmer until they open.
– Drain the mussels and keep only the flesh. Reserve the cooking juices.
– Mix the garlic with cream and then stir the mussels’ juice in the sauce.
– Boil down this mixture for a few minutes. Salt and pepper.
– Pour the hot cream over the garlic mussels previously pitched in a shallow dish. Mix until everything is well coated with the sauce.
– Decorate with chopped parsley sprigs and serve immediately.
Tasting advice by Delices d’Annie
If you do not have time to prepare mussels with garlic, do not worry. Delices d’Annie can deliver you a cooked dish prepared following this recipe. You will only have to warm it up by adding a splash of white wine. This will help to raise its taste and reveal the aromas of garlic. You can also broil it for a few minutes in the oven.